Best Weekend Holiday Destinations Near Chandigarh
Busy life and lingering deadlines have reduced our life to mere weekends. As working professionals, it’s only on weekends that we break free and get a chance to travel. Unfortunately weekend comprises of only 48 hours and thus, only short trips can calm the travel freak in us.
Chandigarh is the first planned city of India and is also known to be one of the cleanest cities. To top it all, the union territory, due to its location at the foothills of Shivalik, has a lot to offer, especially for the mountain lovers. So, without any further delay, we present before you the list of the top 5 weekend getaways near Chandigarh–
- Morni Hills: Doing justice to the name, the place is as beautiful as the national bird of India. It is said that green soothes our soul naturally. Making a trip to somewhere amidst the nature and green is much more rejuvenating than an exciting trip to some metropolis. Morni Hills is perfect for the times when you need some green retreat. Centering huge lakes, the place is peaceful yet thrilling. Lush green pastures and the majestic view of lofty shivaliks at a distance, turns this place into a popular picnic spot among the masses. A relaxing stroll into the forests or a serene experience of the blue lakes on a boat can help you do away with your Monday blues. You will also be thrilled, looking at the flora and fauna of the place.
- Nalagarh Fort: This is one of the most popular picnic spots near Chandigarh. The fort, which dates back to 1421 and is known to have belonged to Raja Bikram Chand, now serves the tourists as a 4-star Heritage resort. It offers a breath-taking view of the smallest range of the Himalayas and Sirsa River. The place is usually crowded with families. You can also make the most of your visit by indulging in exciting activities such as go-karting, trekking, river crossing and rock climbing.
- Nahan: Nothing can be a better choice than Nahan if you prefer solo travels. It’s known to be a very majestic hill station, surrounded by serene & chaste rivers and heritage temples. When you are craving solitude, the green landscape and flowing river water become your best companions- quiet but all comforting.
- Parwanoo: Timber trail in Parwanoo is another popular weekend getaway destination. It is beautiful, serene and exhibits the mountains in their most majestic form. When you are here, “the journey is as exciting as the destination”. To reach the place, one needs to hop on a cable car which covers a distance of 3.6 km, crossing over. As the cable car takes on the journey, you get to witness the most mesmerizing views of the Shivaliks. For adventure freaks, Timber Trail offers fun activities, including cycling in the mountains, trekking, etc.
- Barog: When it’s all about the journey, you should visit Barog. This is a small unexplored hill station, which is named after a British engineer who actively participated in the construction of the Barog railway station. For all the adventure lovers, Barog has something special in store. Barog Tunnel is known to be one of the most haunted places in India.
Chandigarh has multiple stay option for tourists. Five star hotels in Chandigarh feature excellent accommodation options with world class amenities. Amongst all the other 5-star hotels in Haryana, Noor Mahal stands out in the crowd with its efficient service and hospitality. They have an in-house pool and spa and wellness center for the guests to unwind. The hotel also has a luxury salon and a well-equipped fitness center for the guests to maintain themselves even on vacation. You can also host your next business meeting here as the high-end meeting and conference rooms at Noor Mahal boasts of state of the art equipment.